The generation before us is Rosalie and Jim Alexander, Sr. Together, they continue their independent u-pick operation. Look for The Old Blueberry Farm at 1574 Greenfield Road.
In addition to handpicking, hand raking is an excellent method of harvesting wild blueberries. Bring your own rake or use one of theirs to pull wild blueberries from the lowbush plants gently. You can help run your blueberries through their old-fashioned winnowing machine to remove the majority of the leaves, small branches, and chaff.
You are welcome to bring your own containers. Quart-size boxes are available for 25 cents each.
During the season, the U-Pick field is open from sunrise to sunset, Monday through Saturday (generally the first three weeks in August). Click HERE to confirm the U-Pick fields are in season.
The U-Pick and U-Rake wild blueberries are $2.50 a quart. Berry boxes are available for 25 cents each.
Click here for Rosalie’s gift shop, The Old Blueberry Farm Gift Shop.
Jim Sr. and Rosalie own and operate the U-Pick fields at The Old Blueberry Farm, 1574 Greenfield Road.
Tips for a better blueberry picking experience:
- Tuck a hat and sunscreen in your bag before leaving home. The fields are full sun.
- Be sure to have plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Bring your own favorite containers or purchase quart-size boxes (25 cents each).
- A camera is a must for blueberry selfies and lovely scenery.
- The wide-open fields offer no shady places to park your vehicle. Please keep this in mind for those passengers or pets who want to make the lovely drive to Greenfield, but prefer to stay in the car while you handpick.
- Though we love pets, furry friends are not allowed in the U-Pick field.