Wednesday, July 27, 2016
We eagerly anticipate an opening date for the U-pick field some time between August 1 and 4. Updates will be posted as we get closer.
The price for Alexander’s U-Pick wild Maine blueberries is $2.50 per quart. (As one customer puts it, “a heck of a deal!”)
As you prepare for your trip to Greenfield, here are some tips for a better blueberry picking experience:
- Tuck a hat and sunscreen in your bag before leaving home (the fields are full sun)
- Be sure to have plenty of water to stay hydrated
- Bring your own favorite containers, or money to purchase quart-size boxes (25 cents each)
- A camera is a must for blueberry selfies and lots of lovely scenery, especially from the barn porch
- Allow a little extra time for visiting the gift shop at Jim Sr. and Rosalie’s farmhouse for adorable blueberry-themed items, jams and more
- Our wide-open spaces offer no shady places to park your vehicle. Please keep this in mind for those passengers who want to make the lovely drive to Greenfield, but prefer to stay in the car while you hand pick. And though we love pets, we are unable to allow them in the U-Pick field.
See you soon!