Tips for a Better U-Pick Experience
Alexander’s U-Pick low bush wild blueberry field is opening Tuesday, August 2, 2016.
As you prepare for your trip to Greenfield, here are some tips for a better blueberry picking experience:
- Tuck a hat and sunscreen in your bag before leaving home (the fields are full sun)
- Be sure to have plenty of water to stay hydrated
- Bring your own favorite containers, or money to purchase quart-size boxes (25 cents each)
- A camera is a must for blueberry selfies and lots of lovely scenery, especially from the barn porch at the top of the blueberry fields
- Allow a little extra time for visiting the gift shop at Jim Sr. and Rosalie’s farmhouse for adorable blueberry-themed items, jams and more
- Our wide-open spaces offer no shady places to park your vehicle. Please keep this in mind for those passengers who want to make the lovely drive to Greenfield, but prefer to stay in the car while you hand pick. And though we love pets, we are unable to allow them in the U-Pick field.
- Scope out the field before you settle for just any patch of blueberries. Walk the perimeter of the field. There are many different varieties of wild blueberries that ripen at different times. Customers who take take the time for this short walk are often pleasantly surprised to find beautiful large patches completely untouched.
If you have any questions, contact us and we will be happy to answer your questions.
“There’s NOTHING like a wild Maine blueberry!”