Lemon Blueberry Bread
Your family and guests will love this bread. One of our customers makes several loaves of this bread and gives them away as gifts.
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh or frozen wild blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk.
Fold in lemont zest and blueberries.
Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
Bake 60 to 70 minutes in a 350 degree preheated oven.